Frequently Asked Questions about Motor Rentals

How old do I need to be to drive one of your vehicles?
You need to be aged between 23 and 75 and held a full licence for at least 2 years. However for people carriers, minibuses and 7.5ton trucks, drivers must be between 25 and 70 and have driven for at least 5 years.

Do I have to have a special licence to drive the minibuses or trucks?
Yes, as long as you licence shows category C1 (vehicles up to 7.5 tonnes) or D1 (vehicles with between 9-16 passengers)

Can I still rent if I have points on my licence?
In many cases this is not a problem, but please contact us to clarify your particular endorsements.

How do I pay for the vehicle?
We take payment from most major Credit or Debit cards.

What do your prices include?
Our prices include fully comprehensive insurance, breakdown cover for the UK and VAT

Can I put more than 1 driver on the insurance?
As long as they fit into our insurance criteria it is not a problem.

Is it possible to take the vehicle abroad?
We allow all of our vehicles to travel overseas. We need to know where you will be going and how long for so that we can arrange additional breakdown cover and insurance. Any vehicle travelling abroad will have the mileage capped to 100 miles per day.

What happens if I have a breakdown?
All our vehicles have 24hour-breakdown and recovery service.

What happens if I have an accident?
We just need you to make sure everybody is OK and call an ambulance if required, take details of who was involved and what happened, and then call the breakdown service if you need recovering. An accident report form will have to be completed for the insurance company.

How much will it cost me if I have an accident?
Within our hire fee we include comprehensive insurance and the reduction of the excess i.e. your liability, down to the following levels; small cars £250, other cars £300, vans £350, people carriers and minibuses £500, 7.5ton trucks £1000. If the costs to our vehicle are less than the excess we will charge the lower figure.

What do I do about fuel?
All we ask is you to bring it back with the same level as you received the vehicle.

Can I have the vehicle from one of your branches and return it elsewhere in the country?
We can arrange one-way rentals with cars; with commercial vehicles it can be arranged using one of our staff to meet you. The furthest we have been is Toulouse in France. 

> Cars
> Vans
> Trailers

> Tow Bars
> Insurance
> Bodyshop
> Garage

Bishops Motors
> Find Us
> Contact Us
> Terms
> Site Map

Part of Practical Car and Van Rental

Development by UK Superweb